Put yourself into their shoes. What’s important to you, as a customer? Think about that. And, while or after, you’re thinking about that, read this thought-provoking article, “50 Things Your Customers Wish You Knew”, posted on Remarkable Communications by Sonia Simone.
Sonia begins with:
“If you knew, really knew, these 50 things about your customers, and acted accordingly, you’d gain their trust and even their love. After all, who doesn’t want to be loved despite all our flaws and embarrassing insecurities? The better you understand both the noble and not-so-noble secrets in your customers’ consciousness, the better you can serve them.
Here are 50 things your customers wish you knew: about them, about how they see you, and about your relationship.” Following are the first five:
- I don’t need you to be perfect, but I do need to know I can rely on you.
- Telling me what you don’t know makes me trust you.
- It means a lot when you take the time to thank me for my business or a referral.
- You don’t need to do all that much to be a superhero. Just do exactly what you say you will do.
- A friendly voice on the other side of the phone means more than you can imagine.
Again, I recommend you read the article for some of the best customer advice ever. We all need to be aware of customer wishes, so I would also suggest that any company reading this list would pass it on to all their employees as mandatory reading.