According to an article titled, B2B Sales and Marketing Predictions for 2011, in the 1to1 Blog by Elizabeth Glagowski, there five distinct strategies that will dominate the B2B sales and marketing world in 2011. Following are highlights of her article:
- Internet Fueled Buying Cycles on the Rise - B2B prospects are taking charge of the buying cycle using online content to drive research, comparisons, and purchase decisions.
- The Death of a Salesman? With more information at the ready for buyers, sales professionals are being invited later in the buying cycle, often coming after key decisions have already been made.
- It's Only a Matter of Trust - A company's online presence will play a larger role as a passive player in the sales cycle.
- Overcome Information Overload - Significant investments in better content, targeting and personalization will be made in 2011…
- Fight Frugalnomics - Today, B2B buyers are focused more than ever on what solutions are available to enable "doing-more-with-less," driving savings and realizing the quantifiable bottom-line impact.
For more on each of these five predictions, make sure to read the full article at:
As Elizabeth asked, I also ask, what do you think about these, or other issues that B2B sales and marketing professionals will be facing in the 2011, or even beyond?