- What is driving your need to make this kind of investment?
- What are the business outcome deliverables you expect?
- What are the risks that you may anticipate?
The final question – question 3:
What are the risks that you may anticipate?
It is not unusual for most companies to be wondering about CRM investment risks, such as:
- What if it doesn’t work as planned?
- How much will the company, or I, lose?
- The cost of no CRM versus any potential loss from a failed CRM?
There are far fewer risks in implementing the right CRM system as opposed to no CRM.
The trick is in defining your exact sales and marketing processes, then selecting the right system provider to bond everything into one “custom fit” for your company needs. Often, the provider can help you define your current processes and future needs.
The biggest risk is in not implementing CRM to gain, analyze, retain, and act upon all customer / prospect knowledge and finding that your competitors are using CRM to its fullest potential.