Top-performing salespeople get more sales cost effectively and in less time than their colleagues do. Here are the five characteristics that set top performing sales reps apart from the rest:
- Set big goals that are challenging, motivational, achievable, measurable, and specific in terms of results and time. Envisioning their targets, they initiate their sales goals and quotas rather than waiting for management.
- Ask many high-value questions to fully determine their customer's situation and buying needs. They know that the most effective way to present their product or service is to uncover their customer's goals, objectives, concerns, and hesitations. In addition, they choose to focus on the positive elements instead of allowing themselves to be dragged down.
- Stay positive with a contagious enthusiasm. They seldom talk poorly of a company or the business. When faced with unpleasant or negative situations, they choose to focus on the positive elements instead of allowing themselves to be dragged down.
- Work harder than others, often starting work earlier and working later than their colleagues. With less social chit-chat; top performers make more calls, prospect more consistently, talk to more people and give more sales presentations than other coworkers.
- Keep in touch with their customers and prospects. For example:
- They make more phone calls and have regular "keep in touch" breakfast and lunch meetings.
- Keep their name in clients' minds by sending articles of interest, "Thank You" notes, birthday cards, and anniversary cards.
To keep in touch with their customers and prospects, to make more calls to customers and prospects on a given trip; to save time, lower costs, and to perform more effectively. Top salespeople use a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) System.
This profile of top performing salespeople is from Kelley Robertson who writes for Future Simple's Growth University. Mr. Robertson says that all sales personnel can acquire the characteristics of top performers and achieve more successful sales. It is worth the time and effort for the large rewards that lie ahead.
To discover more tips on how to make your sales reps, top performers, schedule a meeting on my calendar.