- Lug around a giant portfolio of customer information throughout the day.
- Keep a stash of stored business cards.
- Talk to multiple people to get account history.
- try to remember account or contact details.
- Look up a physical street or email addresses in order to send something to a prospect.
- Management badgering sales professionals for activity reports.
- Crunch spreadsheets (or a calculator) to develop a forecast.
- Continuously follow-up for marketing-supplied leads.
- Wonder what the results for marketing campaigns were.
- Questioning where sales reps are.
This is just a quick ten that I came up within about ten minutes. And while some younger sales professionals may not have experienced some of these pains, they can still be thankful that they'll never have to. What would you add to the list?
If you are still battling with these things, maybe it is time to invest in or reevaluate your CRM.